i got the recipe from an old issue of bust, but it's really simple to just describe here. here's the low-down:
- bring chicken broth to a boil.
- add cooked chicken breast, sliced carrots, & sauteed onions. you could also add celery if you want to, but i didn't because i don't like celery.
- season liberally with salt, pepper, garlic, paprika, & dill. the recipe i used also calls for guilt, but i left that out since i'm not jewish. plus, guilt is pretty fattening, right? i don't think it's safe-for-IBS.
- let the whole thing simmer until the carrots are cooked, which will probably take about 20 minutes.
- if you want noodles in your chicken noodle soup, boil some pasta separately, & then add it into the soup before you serve it.
so, so good. a word of caution concerning leftovers: if you like high broth:other soup contents in your bowl, you will want to reserve some broth separately from the rest of the soup to add in to each time you fix a fresh bowl. i don't really have a lot of use for broth, so i allow my pasta to do its thing & soak it all up in the fridge.