do you ever stuck in a rut of almost-but-not-quite finishing projects, followed by a huge binge adding those finishing touches to several projects? i definitely do, hence the 3 finished knitting projects in one day. i started the magenta lace tank ages and ages ago. seriously, it's been sitting around, waiting for me to weave the ends in for months. i still need to block it, but lord only knows how much longer it will take before i get around to that. the blue tank top is the only for which i used an actual pattern (kind of), and i finished it maybe a couple weeks ago. i love the josephine knot detail on the back. finally, the ivory tank top is an improvised design that i actually knit and finished without a weeks- or months-long pause in the middle.
star trek tank top: the stats
- pattern:improvised, but heavily inspired by this pattern
- materials:2 skeins lion brand cotton-ease in azalea, size 9 circular needles, crochet hook
- cost:$0, all materials from my stash
wondering about the name? the boy has we watching enough star trek episodes that i've started to see things that remind me of it. don't the "horseshoes" look more like the star trek insignia?
seaspray revisited tank top: the stats
- pattern:the cricket tank with some modifications
- materials:2 skeins lion brand cotton-ease in seaspray, size 7 circular needles
- cost:$0, used up leftover yarn from a previous cotton-ease project
ivory tank top: the stats
- pattern:improvised, but inspired by this tank top
- materials:3 skeins sugar 'n cream in soft ecru, size 7 circular needles
- cost: $6 for yarn