i feel like i only just barely survived, but i finally made it to thanksgiving break. you may have noticed that i haven't posted a new week's worth of goals for project yoga. i've come to the end of the yogic do's, and i think i'm going to take a break and let that stuff germinate for a bit before i move on to the yoga don'ts. especially with the holidays around the corner, i think i'd like to take a break from emotionally-heavy projects and do something a bit more festive and frivolous.
and so i am pleased to announce that i am going to take another stab at the 30-for-30 challenge from kendi everyday. my interest in personal style blogs had been waning, until i saw kendi's 30-for-30 lookbook for fossil. i love fossil enough as it is, but pair their gorgeous clothes and accessories with kendi's cute style, and you have a match made in my kind of sartorial heaven. my favorite looks are pictured here.
i will officially start the challenge on black friday. seems like a good day to start a challenge that focuses on doing more with less, right? kendi has broadened the challenge to be more of a start-whenever-you-want, play-by-your-own-rules kind of thing, so here's how i will structure my challenge:
- my 30 pieces are clothing only--they do not include shoes, socks, tights, or accessories of any kind. i can wear as many of those as i want.
- during the 30 days of the challenge, i will not buy anything new (clothing or accessories).
- the challenge will start black friday and end on christmas eve.
- yoga clothes don't count, as long as i actually do yoga at some point while i am wearing them.
- my list doesn't include outerwear, so i can wear whichever coat is most appropriate for the weather.