Pages

Jan 22, 2014

In the Land of Works-in-Progress

Have you ever found yourself in a position where you just can't seem to finish a project? Perhaps you're so interested in working through your yarn stash that you keep starting new projects, but then end up with a stash of works-in-progress? That's absolutely where I find myself right now. I may be moving in the not-too-distant future, so I very much want to knit/crochet through my yarn stash (less to pack). I've cast on a lot of projects lately, but I haven't exactly finished a lot of projects lately.

If you've been a reader of my blog for awhile, you might recognize "great at starting projects, not so great at finishing projects" as a recurrent theme. I'm just a tad ADHD that way. I also have a pretty time- and energy-consuming job that sometimes gets in the way of things like personal projects and blogging. But I figure it couldn't hurt to put together a list of my works-in-progress (WIPs) and try to use my blog as an accountability tool for maybe, just maybe actually finishing some of them.

Without further ado, my impressively (depressingly?) long list of WIPs:

1. Gaia by Kristen TenDyke in Lion Brand Amazing (Mauna Loa)
Image via ravelry.com

Image via lionbrand.com



2. Stoker Pullover by Caro Sheridan in Stitch Nation Washable Ewe (Strawberry)
Image via ravelry.com


3. Union Square Cowl by Melissa Wehrle in Stitch Nation Washable Ewe (Lilac)
Image via ravelry.com


4. February Fitted Pullover by Amy Herzog in Stitch Nation Alpaca Love (Dusk)
Image via ravelry.com

5. Regatta Tee by Olga Kasey in Knit Picks Shine Sport (Arbor, Jay) and Comfy Sport (Jalapeno)
Image via ravelry.com

6. Arching Cables Jacket by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark in Stitch Nation Washable Ewe (Robin's Egg)
Image via ravelry.com


7. Cap Sleeve Henley by Veronik Avery in St. Denis Nordique (Emerald)
Image via ravelry.com


8. Northlight Mittens by Jared Flood in St. Denis Boreale (Black, Chalk Blue)
Image via ravelry.com


9. Cabled Beret by Veronik Avery in St. Denis Sommet (Magenta)
Image via ravelry.com

And then there's a myriad of other assorted, mostly crochet projects that are too numerous to really even name. Looking back at the "official" images for these projects makes me remember how cute they are and how much I want to wear them already. Must knit faster...

What are you working on right now? Have you ever found yourself with a glut of nearly-finished projects? Do you have a trick for staying motivated long enough to get those seams sewn and ends woven in?

xo,
kc






No comments: